Following are the properties of line coding –
• The bandwidth used is much reduced as the coding is performed to relay more bits on a single signal.
• The power is used effectively for a given bandwidth.
• The risk of error is significantly reduced.
• Error detection is performed and a correction capability is also provided for the bipolar.
The power density is rather beneficial.
• The timing material is appropriate.
• To ensure transparency, long strings of 1s and 0s are avoided.
Types of Line Coding
The 3 types of Line Coding are: